Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho wants to keep Fernando Torres even though the striker was not selected in the Blues' matchday squad against Leicester.
Torres, 30, is the club's third-choice striker since the summer arrivals of Diego Costa and Didier Drogba.
He has been linked with a number of clubs, with AC Milan the latest reportedly interested in signing him.
But Mourinho said: "I want him to stay. He will play and score goals, and be very useful for us."
The £50m signing from Liverpool was an unused substitute in Chelsea's season-opening victory against Burnley on Monday.
To compound matters for the Spaniard, his replacement and compatriot Costa - a £32m signing from Atletico Madrid - has made a fine start to his Chelsea career, scoring against Burnley and finding the net on his home debut as the Blues beat Leicester 2-0.
Torres at Chelsea | |
|---|---|
Fernando Torres joined Chelsea from Liverpool in January 2011 for a club record fee of £50m
|
He played 28 games in last season's Premier League, scoring five goals and five assists
|
In explaining his decision to omit Torres from his 18-man squad against the Foxes, Mourinho said: "The reason is I decided to keep the same team, to have a bench with a complete balance. Sometimes I can have two strikers on the bench, sometimes I can't.
"I want three strikers in the team. Sometimes I play with two, one on the bench, sometimes someone will be injured or suspended. I cannot do a season without three strikers."






Do you need Personal Loan?
ReplyDeleteBusiness Cash Loan?
Unsecured Loan
Fast and Simple Loan?
Quick Application Process?
Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
No Hidden Fees Loan?
Funding in less than 1 Week?
Get unsecured working capital?
Email us:(flourishloancredite@gmail.com
Application Form:
=================
Full Name:................
Loan Amount Needed:.
Purpose of loan:.......
Loan Duration:..
Gender:.............
Marital status:....
Location:..........
Home Address:..
City:............
Country:......
Phone:..........
Mobile / Cell:....
Occupation:......
Monthly Income:....
Email us(flourishloancredite@gmail.com)