Bastia boss Claude Makelele will face former club Paris St-Germain in his second game as a manager, on Saturday.
The former Chelsea and PSG midfielder left his role as assistant boss at the Parc des Princes this summer to take over at the Corsican club.
They drew 3-3 with Marseille in Makelele's managerial debut, while champions PSG were held 2-2 by Reims.
"We weren't expecting him to leave us, but I'm not disappointed," PSG boss Laurent Blanc said.
"It was what he wanted, it was his choice and he was right to seize this opportunity. We would have preferred that he continued to work with us, but I'm happy for him. I hope he has a great career as a coach.
"We know Claude very well, but he also knows our team very well.
"We are preparing for this match very seriously because, with all due respect, I think we dropped two points against Reims.
"Even if we didn't play an exceptional match, we should still have been good enough to win. We need to play well at home to make up for it, this Saturday at the Parc des Princes."






0 comments:
Post a Comment